Jazakillahu Khayr dear sister Umm Abdul Basir. This sister emailed me with a request to have a second Arabic Alphabet Game that includes all of the Arabic Alphabet insha'Allah. Dear sister, I hope you and your family enjoy this game insha'Allah.
This second game is a little more challenging and is most appropriate for children ages 36 months and older insha'Allah. However, you know your child better than anyone else. If your child is requesting to learn the Arabic Alphabet, then by all means, teach him/her insha'Allah.
This game has three different ways to play insha'Allah:
Directions for Play
- Print the game board, game pieces and Picture Identification Chart.
- Laminate for durability (optional). It is recommended that you mount the game pieces on card stock, cut them out and them laminate them or at minimum laminate them insha’Allah. This will not only make them last longer insha’Allah, it will make the game easier to play for options b and c (below) and prevent the game pieces from being easily moved or lost insha’Allah.
- Print spinner (English numbers spinner, Arabic numbers spinner, English numbers spinner numbers 1-8).
- There are three ways to play this game insha’Allah.
- Have the child spin the spinner and move his/her piece the number of spaces indicated on the spinner. Have the child say the name of the letter that they have landed on. If they do not name the letter correctly, say, “Jazakillahu Khayr. You said (the name of the letter the child said). Please tell me the name of the letter you landed on insha’Allah.”
- The same as ‘a’ above but when the child lands on the letter, have him/her find a game piece that has the picture that starts with the letter they landed on. Have the child place the game piece (with the picture) over the letter they have landed on. Keep playing until all letters have been covered with a game piece insha’Allah.
- Use the game as a matching game. Give the child the game pieces and invite him/her to match all of the game pieces to their corresponding letters on the game board. CONTROL OF ERROR: All game pieces have the letter that the picture on the game piece starts with. This will help the child visually match the letters on the game board to the letters on the game pieces insha’Allah.