When Ramadan gets here insha'Allah, why not let everyone know? Here's a way to announce the onset of this Blessed month: A Ramadan Door Decoration. Simple and easy for your child to make and there is lots more you can do with it compared to the example below insha'Allah. Add glitter, make it 3-D, make it special and then hang it on your little one's bedroom door or on the front door of your home insha'Allah.
Here's what you'll need insha'Allah:
- Construction Paper
- Non-Toxic Glue (glue stick is best for infants/toddlers)
- Coloured pencils
- 7-8 pieces of curling ribbon (various sizes)
- Glitter (optional)
How you make it:
- Print the Ramadan Door Decoration File
- Cut 7-8 pieces of curling ribbon and set aside.
- Have your little one colour pages 1 and 2 and cut them out insha'Allah.
- Invite your little one to decide where he/she wants to glue the pieces on the construction paper insha'Allah.
- IMPORTANT: When your little one glues the stars on, make sure he/she glues the pieces of curling ribbon underneath the stars insha'Allah.
- Allow to dry (about 15-20 minutes)
- While you're waiting for this to dry, with your little one, decide what type of good deeds he/she can do in Ramadan and write them on the cards provided on page 3 of the Ramadan Door Decoration File.
- When the glue on the construction paper is dry, tape the good deed cards onto the end of the curling ribbons that are hanging from each star.
- Turn the door decoration over and tape the piece of string to the back.
- Hang it up insha'Allah!
This activity is suitable for infants/toddlers 18 months old and older. *The younger infants will require assistance with cutting. You can also invite the child to write the words "Ramadan Mubarak" instead of colouring/cutting and pasting the words from the file.
Be Creative and enjoy insha'Allah!