Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hajj Felt Story Board

Assalamu aliakum,

This is a Hajj Felt Story Board File Folder Game (isn't that a long name!) that I made to teach the rites of Hajj insha'Allah. I did this felt story as a file folder game because I really like the versatility of file folders. I didn't realize how much you could do with them until I was introduced to lapbooking alhamdulillah. I keep thinking (when doing these activities), 'this can be put into a back pack and taken along on a trip so easily insha'Allah!'. So I made the story board and I made a pouch/pocket to store all of the felt pieces and well....here it is insha'Allah :


The Ka'aba came out much better this time alhamdulillah!

Safa and Marwa

Muzdalifah (getting stones for the Jamarat)

Mount Arafat

I ran out of blue felt so I have to get some more because when in Mina and for Jamarat, the sky is visable so I want to include that insha'Allah. I also can't (as of this moment) find a template to make a tent. I did the other pieces free-hand (except for the Ka'aba) but I don't want to attempt a tent (too geometrical for me...hehe). I also need to do a Pillar for the Jamarat insha'Allah.

To make this as a file folder game, all I did was take a file folder, cut off the top (lable part) and staple it so it would not open. I then glued the flannel to this and then glued this to the inside of another (new) file folder. For the pocket, all I did was take part of a file folder that I had used for the Hudhayfa lapbook and fold it to make a pouch and glued it onto the other side of the file folder. Easy alhamdulillah! I left the tab that says, "name" visable because I'd like to make more felt story boards this way and when I store them insha'Allah, if I write what the felt story is (i.e. Hajj Rites) on the tab insha'Allah, it will be easy to flip through later to find the one I want insha'Allah.

Now all I need to do is write a brief story or poem to go with the story board insha'Allah. I want to use this this week insha'Allah so I'd better get started writting insha'Allah.

Enjoy insha'Allah!

3 comments:

  1. As Salaamu Alaykum, Nice idea! I love the whole Hajj concept. I am not sure if I will be able to pull it off this year, but insha Allah next year for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A'salaamu alaikum sister. I just want you to know I love your website and have forwarded it via email to my previous Islamic community in Knoxville, TN and to my new sisters here in Mass.

    I just wanted to share my adapation of the Hajj felt storyboard I made for my young daughter. Here is the link to my blog page with the project: http://anaashad.blogspot.com/2010/03/craft-time-la-la-la.html

    Jazakiallahu khair sis!

    Ma salaama...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waalaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

    Ahlan dear sis Umm Aaminah! Wa iyaki and Jazakillahu khayr for your kind comment and for sharing the blog with your friends.

    I visited your blog and I loove the hajj felt board you did! Barak Allahu feki - it is wonderful!

    I hope that you enjoy visiting here and ahlan wa sahlan once again.

    Jazakillahu Khayr

    ReplyDelete

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam comments left on the blog, Anonymous posting has been disabled. Insha'Allaah, this will not be inconvenient to any of the readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...