Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Picture Stories for Kindergarten

Assalamu alaikum,

*3 More New Stories Added Alhamdulillah!*

Usually around March or April, students in Kindergarten have learned a sufficient number of sight words to be able to read short text independently insha'Allah. Some children who have strong literacy skills may reach this milestone earlier insha'Allah.

Alhamdulillah, I designed some stories for Kindergarten children to use to strengthen and/or practice
independent reading skills, practice reading sight words, and filling in missing elements based on facts that were in a story insha'Allah. These are nice to use during silent sustained reading too insha'Allah. Also, you can use the clipart in MS Word to make other cards to fit the stories insha'Allah. This way, you can provide variety and challenge at the same time insha'Allah.


 The pictures have a sideways view a bit because it was the only thing I could do to avoid the glare...sorry about that.

A while ago I bought photo album paper for another craft idea I had in mind but I never used it. They came in handy here alhamdulillah. I cut the photo album paper to the size of the stories and I left two holes so I can store the stories in a notebook and continue to add stories to the book later insha'Allah. I recommend laminating the cards for durability. And I'll let you in on a secret that you may already know: do you know that clear packing tape is a great laminate if you can't get to the copy centre? It doesn't look as professional but masha'Allah, it does the job (smile). Here are the stories insha'Allah (there are three in this file insha'Allah):


If you'd like more of these stories please let me know because I may not upload new ones as fast as you need/want them. If I know that you would like more it will stay in my mind insha'Allah and I won't forget insha'Allah.

Enjoy insha'Allah!

4 comments:

  1. Assalaamu Alaikum dear Ukhti,

    Masha Allaah these stories are very nice. I am interested so please do keep me in mind Insha Allaah. How can I email you?

    Umm Maimoonah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waalaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

    Dear sis Umm Maimoonah, it is nice to hear from you again alhamdulillah (smile).

    And alhamdulillah if you liked the stories. Insha'Allah, I will post a few more this week and perhaps update this post or put them in a new post. Please check back before the Eid insha'Allah.

    To contact me: there is a 'contact me' link on the left hand side of the blog (below the 'my website' heart) or you can email me directly @ ummannuman@yahoo.ca insha'Allah.

    Jazakillahu Khayr dear sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Salaamu Alaykum, How I missed these I don't even know! I love these! When I get my ink (Sigh) I will print these!! insha Allah. Jazakallahu Khair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waalaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

    wa iyaki...hehe...I think you have been busy with your tot lapbook yes? I checked the other night for the goodies by the way. I must visit again insha'Allah (smile).

    Let me know if you need more stories that are either more challenging or easier insha'Allah. Alhamdulillah that you found benefit in them.

    Oh! No ink yet eh? Khayr insha'Allah.

    ReplyDelete

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam comments left on the blog, Anonymous posting has been disabled. Insha'Allaah, this will not be inconvenient to any of the readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...