Sunday, May 2, 2010

Reading Program Details and Blog Buttons!

Assalamu alaikum,


I know I didn't post all last week. Busy, busy (smile) but, we're almost there insha'Allah! I'd like to give you the remaining details of the reading program insha'Allah. The reading program is called: "Together We Read" (to be read in the present or past tense insha'Allah).  And, I may have some good news insha'Allah. I've been busy contacting Muslim publishers (and even a few organizations here and in the states) to see if they would be willing to donate books so I can mail books to those who live in areas/countries where access to children's fiction is not available. As soon as I have confirmation, I'll post it insha'Allah. I'm sooo excited! Read on for all of the details of..."Together We Read"...

Here the guidelines for participating in "Together We Read" insha'Allah:

- "Together We Read" is open to anyone with a blog or a child or students that wants to join us insha'Allah. If you blog, you can link up to your post about what your read with their child/students and what activity (if any) you did.

- You do not have to use the "Together We Read" button but you're more than welcome to do so. All you need to do is right click on either of the images (below), save it to your hard drive and then upload it to your post insha'Allah. I do ask that you please not create a banner/blog button of your own for "Together We Read". I also request that you not alter the "Together We Read" buttons in any way as the copyright belongs to the illustrator (not me). Jazakillahu Khayr.

- It would be nice (and appreciated) if you mentioned "Together We Read" in your post and link back to A Muslim Child is Born's "Together We Read" post insha'Allah.

Here are the blog buttons. May Allah subhana wa ta 'ala reward sister Mabsoota from Easel & Ink for making such gorgeous buttons.


If you'd like to participate insha'Allah, just grab a button and once a month write up a post on your blog and include the button in your post insha'Allah. And even if you don't blog...join us as we read to our children insha'Allah!

Okay, are you ready? Grab your button, pick a book, snuggle your baby and....let's get ready to read...........together insha'Allah!

**Remember: Together We Read Begins Saturday, May 15, 2010 insha'Allah!**

9 comments:

  1. Assalaamu Alaikum sis,

    Just to clarify something will you be posting a guideline of activities that could be done Insha Allaah for this program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waalaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

    I can't wait either!...lol.

    Sis Umm Maimoonah, if I understand your question correctly, you're asking if I will be providing craft/activity ideas for each book? If that is what you are asking then yes insha'Allah, I intend to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalaamu Alaikum sis

    Yes that's what I wanted to know and can't wait to see this Project in action Insha Allaah!

    Jazzakillaah Khayr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi,

    MashaAllah, what a wonderful idea. We love reading books alhamdulillah, so we are in inshaAllah.

    Jazakhallah khair sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalamu 'alaykum

    Like a beautful flower so does the 'Together we Read' project unfolds, revealing its beauty and bringing joy.

    I have posted about the project on my blog as well as put a reminder on my 'Announcemnts' page for readers. I have also put the button in the sidebar and linked here!

    Looking forward to reading with my lil one and trying out the activities, inshaAllah.

    Ma'salaama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As salamu alaykum sister

    Machallah this is a wonderful site with a lot of ideas that my 2 girls love very much. How do I join the reading and the draw for the books (i DO NOT HAVE A bLOG).
    Jazakillahu khayran
    Um Abderahman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waalaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

    Ukhti, this is no problem if you do not have a blog...you do not need one to participate insha'Allah. To participate in the giveaway you only need leave a comment. Nothing more *smile*. To participate in the reading program, each month I announce which book we will be reading (I try to announce it ahead of time so those who wish to use the same book have time to get it insha'Allah - but you DO NOT have to use the same book to participate)and you just read a book with your child and do an activity with him/her insha'Allah. If you use the same book we use here on the blog, you are free to download the activities we use and use them insha'Allah. That's all! *smile*

    I hope that you enjoy the blog and benefit from it. If there is a resource that you need but do not see here, please do not be shy to ask me to make it for you. It will be with pleasure to help you if I can insha'Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear sis Um Abderahman
    I pushed the publish button my mistake. But I also wanted to tell you that the activity you do with the book can be anything you choose insha'Allah.

    Enjoy reading with/to your child insha'Allah!

    ReplyDelete

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam comments left on the blog, Anonymous posting has been disabled. Insha'Allaah, this will not be inconvenient to any of the readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...