Saturday, December 25, 2010

Arabic/English Reader: Naqtasim (We Share)

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Here is another beginning Arabic reader without the harakaat/tashkeel but I will be uploading a book tomorrow insha'Allaah that has harakaat for those sisters who requested this...barak Allaahu feekunna. 

This book is a fun way to introduce/teach the concept of sharing. It also helps children practice counting and is an introduction to division. At the end, children read/learn the hadith about wanting for your brother what you want for yourself. Alhamdulillaah, the English version of the book is in this post.

Here is the way that I presented the book Naqtasim (We Share):

I placed the book and 10 crayons (in their box) in a basket. I did not place more than 10 crayons in the box because the story uses 10 and each child (at the end) ends up with an equal amount of crayons and sees how sharing benefits each person.

As I read the book, I used the crayons to help children "see" the story and experience it. For toddlers, sharing is not always an easy thing to understand or practice.

This page (above) for example is talking about how we have a lot of crayons walhamdulillaah and so we can share them.

As I read each page, I placed crayons in front of the child and in front of me (as appropriate).
In the story here, it says, "One for you. And one for me."


"Two for you. And two for me."

At the end, we all end up with five crayons apiece (the page before mentions how much fun we had sharing and invites the child to share again insha'Allaah) and then we read the hadith about wanting for your brother what you want for yourself.




Enjoy insha'Allaah!

2 comments:

  1. Aoa
    M waiting for English version too
    Jazakaallah khair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waalaikum assalam,

    Wa iyaki dear sis Ummi Subhana. I have placed the English version in the post alhamdulillaah.

    Jazakillaahu Khayr

    ReplyDelete

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam comments left on the blog, Anonymous posting has been disabled. Insha'Allaah, this will not be inconvenient to any of the readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...