In this 72 page theme pack students explore the landforms on the Earth that Allaah Alone created. Some of the activities included in the pack are:
- 1 big book for individual and/or group read alouds (Just print the book, staple the pages in the order in which they appear in the file and you are ready to read insha'Allaah! Books like these, when laminated, can be put in your classroom library for students to read whenever they have library time). *Important Note*: Intentionally, this book requires that you pre-teach some of the vocabulary words found in the story to ensure student comprehension. For this direct vocabulary instruction you will want to write the words on the board one at a time (you can also write the words in large print on a piece of paper) and then tell the students what the word means. Next, you can give one or two synonyms for the word that you are confident the students already know. Next have the students say the word after you. Then you use the word in a sentence so that students can hear how the word is used in context before they encounter the word in the text (use a sentence that is NOT found in the story for this teaching point). Repeat this for each of the new (for your students) vocbulary words. It is recommended that you introduce new vocabulary 3 words at a time. For example, the first time you read the story aloud you will pre-teach 3 of the new vocabulary words in the book. On the second reading, you will pre-teach 3 new vocabulary words from the book (if needed).
- 1 emergent reader with activities
- 1 independent reader
- Landforms themed word wall cards
- Montessori Landforms 3-part cards
- Landforms vocabulary cards
- Landforms picture/definition match activity
- Handwriting practice: L for landforms
- Math: Tally Marks Review
- Math: Counting on Review -page 61 in the file. (Instructions: cut the cards out along the dotted lines, laminate, punch a whole in the upper right hand corner and use a metal binder ring to keep all cards together in a set. Students use these cards, with a dry erase marker to practice counting on. These cards were inpired by the cards found here)
- Colour by number activity
- Landforms student colouring book (Instructions: to assemble this book: print it and leave the pages in the same order found in the file. Simply fold and staple. Alternatively, you can print the pages front to back, fold and staple. Students then colour their books and write their names on the front cover insha'Allaah)
- And more alhamdulillaah!
**When you click on the above link you may need to download the file in order to see it. A preview may not be available.**
Questions about how to use any of the activities in the pack?
Please leave a comment and I'll do my best to answer as soon as possible insha'Allaah.