Alhamdulillaah, the blessed month of Ramadan is almost here! Here is an activity pack to help our youngest Muslims enjoy while the adults fast, pray, and try to please Allaah. The pack was designed with the idea of all of the components being portable, so the games can be assembled, stored, and taken along to the masjid or to the houses of family and friends in'shaa allaah.
Here is what young children will encounter in this pack in'shaa allaah:
- An activity pad that can be printed and bound so that it is portable (this will also prevent pages from being lost or scattered about).
- 5 games that are easy to cut out and store in zip-lock bags, making them portable. Each game has a card that identifies the name of the game and has a spot for children to write their name. This way, if you store the games in zip-lock bags and they happen to get misplaced at the masjid, in'shaa allaah, they will be easier to find.
- Upper & Lower case letter matching cards - just cut them out, cut along the dotted line and invite children to find the matching upper and lower case letters.
- Addition game - like the Upper & Lower case letter matching game, this game is easy to assemble and store alhamdulillaah. Print and cut the cards out, mix them up and have the children match the addition fact to the answer (you may want to start with three addition facts and increase as the child gains proficiency).
- Shape matching game - also easy to assemble and store in'shaa allaah.
Print and cut the cards out, mix them up and have the children match the shapes on the thoubs to the shape cards (you may want to start with three shapes and increase as the child gains proficiency).
- Tally marks game: Print and cut the cards out, mix them up and have the children match the tally marks with the correct number (you may want to start with three numbers and increase as the child gains proficiency).
- Ten Frame Number Matching game: Print and cut the cards out, mix them up and have the children match the ten frames to the correct numbers (you may want to start with three ten frames/numbers and increase as the child gains proficiency).
- Fine Motor Skills Practice Cards - it is best if you print, cut, and laminate these cards so children can use them repeatedly in'shaa allaah. Don't have access to a laminating machine? No problem! Clear packing tap works well and you can also buy sheet protectors and place the cards inside so children can use a dry-erase marker to write on the clear plastic. Easy clean up too!
Also, please feel free to leave a comment indicating if there is something you wish to see included in this pack. If it is possible, additional activities/pages can be designed and uploaded to supplement this resource in'shaa Allaah.
And...If you have a child who is in grade 1, be sure to hop over to A Muslim Child Grows Up and download the free Big Book of Ramadan Activities book. It's 100 pages of Ramadan Activities that are aligned to the Canadian Curriculum and the Common Core Curriculum.
Enjoy, Benefit, and Prepare for Ramadan in'shaa allaah!