Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Book Review

 السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Alhamdulillaah, young Muslim children have another Islaamically appropriate book to enjoy! Anfaal's Pretty New Pencils by Wahb at-Tamimi is a cute Early Reader published by DreamForward Books. The illustrations in this book do a wonderful job of supporting the text, which helps young readers decode new or unfamiliar words, and the struggle Anfaal has is one that many young children can relate to. What I liked most about Anfaal's Pretty New Pencils is that the story provides children with the Islaamically appropriate solution to the problem without the solution feeling like a school lesson.

From the publisher's website: Anfaal has a pack of pretty new pencils. She loves her pretty new pencils and can’t wait to take them to school. When Anfaal takes her pretty new pencils to school, her friends like them and want to use them, but Anfaal doesn’t want to share. When Anfaal won’t share, one of her friends stops speaking to her and will not play with her. Will Anfaal and her friend make up or will Anfaal lose a friend because of her pretty new pencils?

 

Alhamdulillaah, a wonderful new book to add to your home or classroom library inshaa'Allaah!

 


Disclaimer: The publisher, DreamForward Books, provided me with a copy of this book and, at my request, the image of the book, but did not request I review it, nor did I receive compensation (payment of any type) for my review. DreamForward Books also recently published some of my books but my review was not done in exchange for their publishing my books.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...