Thursday, October 8, 2009

Islamic Fall Activities: Exploring Lapbooking

Assalamu alaikum,

After chatting with Sister Umm Abdul Basir, I've found something else to get my hands into (like I need something else eh?...lol). What is it you ask? Lapbooking. I've never had an interest in lapbooking simply because I didn't know much about it. But now!....well...after watching this video (isn't that a cute lapbook?! - minus the pictures of humans and animals of course) and browsing this site, my interest is definitely piqued.

So, it's Fall alhamdulillah and my mind is pondering over Islamic Fall craft and activity ideas. Well after watching that video I know what I want to try now: An Islamic Seasons Lapbook. But wait wait, I'm just a beginner with this and I'm only at the very beginning. I'm trying to make mini-books first. This is my first attempt (I didn't print it in colour so it's a little bit hard to see all of the pictures):

This the inside of my Allah Created the Seasons Mini-Book
(on the back there are spaces for the kids to draw things about each of the seasons insha'Allah)

Do any of you lapbook? If so please please share your tips. I really want to know how the woman in that video made so many layers in her lapbook. I really liked that!

And the great thing about lapbooking is that you can use it with children as young as 3/4 and of course kindergarten! Insha'Allah, I'll be posting a completed lapbook in a short time and seeing as it will be my very first one you must all promise not to laugh too hard (or too long). Oh! Now I think I need a new label: Lapbooking!

Here are a few sites that I'll be using in my lapbooking adventures (some are specifically for the seasons lapbook I'll try to do insha'Allah):

A Jigsaw Book (Instructions) that can be a mini-book (maybe?)
A Flip Book Template (this can go in a pocket in the lapbook insha'Allah)
A Lapbooking site with lots of resources and links! (Jazakillahu Khayr sister Umm Abdul Basir for sharing this link!)

Enjoy insha'Allah!

2 comments:

  1. As Salaamu Alaykum,
    Masha Allah! I love the minibook! You are off to a great start, can't wait to see the finished product insha Allah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waalaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

    It was fun to make alhamdulillah but ooooh MS Word fights me sometimes with the graphics!..hehe. I'm going to try to make some more insha'Allah. Fun fun!

    ReplyDelete

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam comments left on the blog, Anonymous posting has been disabled. Insha'Allaah, this will not be inconvenient to any of the readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...