Friday, October 9, 2009

Check it out! (from the library): Baby Play and Learn

Assalamu alaikum,

The library is an integral part of literacy development and many teachers (and homeschooling parents) who, out of necessity, teach with restricted resources and/or finances, will vouch for the invaluable commodity the public library is for them, not just in the classroom but in the home as well.

I'm no exception alhamduillah and my last library find made me think: "Why not share some of the wonderful books I come across with others insha'Allah?" Well, I think I'll start doing just that insha'Allah (another label..hehe). But truly, I think you'll enjoy this book insha'Allah. It's packed with 160 games and activities for babies and toddlers to play with their parents insha'Allah. It's organized by age and many of the activities are simply fun learning. I think parents are at risk of having as much (if not more) fun than their baby or toddler (and that's not a bad thing).

I have to warn you that some of the activities do include music and as we know that this is not permissible in Islam, I simply skipped those activities or adapted them when/where possible. Also, some of the activities involve wasting either food and/or water. These too I either modified or simply passed over. Please do the same insha'Allah. Alhamdulillah, there are so many activities in this book that your child can enjoy insha'Allah.

The book is called, Baby Play and Learn and it's quite a find. So next time you're at your local library...check it out insha'Allah!
Enjoy insha'Allah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam comments left on the blog, Anonymous posting has been disabled. Insha'Allaah, this will not be inconvenient to any of the readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...