This is the season's craft activity # 3 (really it's number 5 but I'm posting out of order...this was just fun to make subhana'Allah!).
This is a little lift the flap book that contains 3-D illustrations of all of the seasons. After you've completed your study of the seasons with your child(ren)/students, they can make this little flip book to show what they've learned. Children can read it on their own if they are able to read 3 to 4 letter words and some basic sight words as the text is very simple insha'Allah. Or, parents/teachers/siblings can read the book to the child insha'Allah. Alhamdulillah, the lift-the-flap seasons book was enthusiastically received over here (smile).
This is the inside of the book
This is the outside where the text is
The materials I used are the following:
* Pipe cleaners (for the sun, umbrella and outline of the tree stump)
* White poster board cut to 8x11 inch or whatever size you choose insha'Allah, then folded in half and then the top part is cut into four equal squares.
* Felt (to fill in the outline of the tree stump, for the ocean water and sand, and for the rain)
* White confetti (for the snow)
* Brown paper bag (for the tree foliage)
* Cotton Balls (for the clouds)
* Plastic self adhesive leaves (these are so cute masha'Allah!)
* Blue construction paper (for the Winter background)
* Arabic or English text that is on the outside of the flaps insha'Allah.
The assembly is pretty easy and children don't have to make the scenes that I made, so I won't include the directions here. If you've any questions, feel free to leave a comment insha'Allah and I'll do my best to answer as soon as possible insha'Allah.