Although, Together We Read activities haven't been posted in several months, the program has not been abandoned alhamdulillaah. For January, the book that we will be reading is I Am Small by Emma Dodd.
This book, I Am Small, is packed with sight words! There are so many, that once children learn them, and the few none sight words in the story, they can read this book independently insha'Allaah. I hope you will be able to find this book at your local library so that you can join us for Together We Read: January. But remember, you don't have to use the same book we use. So join us again for Together We Read!
The activities for this book are being posted here for your convenience insha'Allaah. Inside the activity pack you will find:
* A poem for your classroom pocket chart
* Math activities
* A penguin science activity
* Sight word games
* Practice constructing and writing sentences
* Word cards for your word wall
* Word wall cards for your students to practice handwriting and to use for independent story writing
* Sight word flashcards that can be used for a variety of games and purposes
* Montessori 3-part cards related to the story
* Mini Reader for students using sight words from the story to aide in independent reading (can be used for Guided and/or Shared Reading also)
* Opposites activity & worksheet
* Puzzle with a hidden message that is discovered when students assemble it
* and more!
Download Book Pack here insha'Allaah (or from the link above)
**Download Missing Montessori 3-part cards here (these are missing from the file above)**