السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
The next theme pack teaches children about the substance that Allaah aza wa jal mentions in the Quraan and that His Last Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa salam) advised us to use for healing: Honey.
Some of the activities included in this 56 page theme pack are:
- 2 emergent readers with activities and 1 mini-reader to be read aloud or for independent readers
- Honey words word wall cards
- Bulletin Board Honeycomb cards with a honeycomb you can edit to add more honey and/or bee facts to your bulletin board as the unit progresses
- Mini Pocket Chart Activity for 1 emergent reader
- Sentence building activity: children reassemble sentences related to honey ensuring that each one makes sense (i.e. each sentence)
- Math: Subtraction Facts for the numbers 6-9
- Art: build a bee
- Handwriting practice - letter H
- Work with content words
- Four piece puzzles for children to work on content word recognition.
- Writer's Workshop Activity: Journal page (several copies can be made for students to use in their writing journals during this unit insha'Allaah)
- Honey Jar Sight word cards (you can print these on cardstock, laminate and punch a hold in the upper right hand corner and students can use them for timed (or not timed) practice insha'Allaah or a number of other sight word activities)
- Writing centre honey and bee pictures, word cards, and writing prompts
- Months of the Year cards to make into a poster (Arabic Months of the year only)
- Honey themed calendar date cards
- And more alhamdulillaah!
Books you may wish to consider using with this unit:
From Top to Bottom:
1. The Life and Times of the Honeybee
2. In the Trees, Honey Bees!
3. From Flower to Honey
4. Honey, Honey
**When you click on the above link you may need to download the file in order to see it. A preview may not be available.**
Questions about how to use any of the activities in the pack?
Please leave a comment and I'll do my best to answer as soon as possible insha'Allaah.